cards moving everywhere on their own

Game: freecell
Game #: 476906924
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3325.181 Safari/537.36 OPR/52.0.2871.64
JS-Version: 2018-04-08_01:49:13_-0700_81c64faab8ee7dfb19872db65520847f718a0579

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Comments

• cards fly to a spot on their own. I have to undo and hold mouse tightly to place them where I want them. **I can't find option to NOT do tutorial mode.

• I'll try one more time and hope you read this, trix3. There is no 'turn off the tutorial mode.'

Per David:
    "Check to make sure you aren't accidentally hitting the right mouse button, or clicking on the felt between cards. Right clicking is the same as clicking the "undo" button. Clicking on the felt between the cards is the same as clicking the "auto-finish" button. Both are admittedly be confusing if you don't realize what's happening."

• Could the Governor of Green Felt politely suggest other sites that Rainlady might visit? One without the supermoves that make the game delicious—and far more challenging!

And how about telling any newbie that Green Felt features "another dimension" in solitaire? That certain "events" are there by design?

Would have to be worded carefully so other players don't miss the initial excitement at seeing their cards flock together.

Could save a lot of angst on the part of new players? Not to mention those who must constantly answer the angry complaints?

• Huron, I am beginning to believe that trix3 is an alt for one of the people who were complaining that Jim and David needed to get rid of the auto-moves. Doesn't matter if it is or not, this is the last time I will respond to that name.

There comes a time when you have to give up on 1 person for 1 reason or another. trix3 is either purposefully screamng 'fix it for me' or blissfully ignoring any replies. Either way, I cannot help trix3.

Enjoy the games

• Thank you Springrain for the heartfelt message regarding trix3, Have a good day.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    edited April 2018 75.31.173.112

We certainly don't do a great job of onboarding. Jim and I have talked about making some sort of tutorial that explains all the cool shortcuts so that people don't come in and feel overwhelmed. Certainly there's a lot of players here that figured it out, but there has always been a constant stream of new players that get confused by right click, super moves, undo, auto-finish, etc. And it's been that way since we added those things.

One idea would be for super moves, right click, etc. to be disabled by default and have them get unlocked as people play a couple games. Or maybe they'd have to play a canned tutorial game that would show off a particular skill that would then unlock. These are the kind of things that normal video games do to teach new players the ropes. We've just never gotten around to doing it properly :smile:.

• I started playing solitaire with marbles on a round wooden block. My brother showed me how to win, but the challenge and magic of the game was lost for ever! Be careful what you wish for :'( - but I'd like to do emoticons as graphics here so that could be a future challenge so please don't explain as it might spoil my efforts even if it turns out it's cause everything I'm using is too old!????

• Wow wishes do come true, using 'your' buttons and 'my' keyboard buttons is what makes the difference. Magic still exists

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...