Why I play the same game multiple time

mekameka REGISTERED
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
First I want to say how much I enjoy your site and appreciate it almost every day.

I often will play the game of the day several times (always under the same name) and while I do enjoy seeing my assumed name on the leader board, there are other reasons as well. I do it because it often takes several/many/ an absurd number of attempts for me to beat the game. I am often blown away by the scores that prix gets on Hopeless and often feel hopeless in my attempts to come close the his or her score.
It is a challenge to try to even come close to their score and I think that having a challenge is much of what this site is about.

I think that having the first 'win' score time as the one that gets listed on the Leader Board' is a good compromise. Perhaps for some an additional challenge is seeing their name first on the Leader Board. I guess that means that they have two daily challenges for each game daily -- one to win and another to win fast -- it's a two-fer!

For me, it takes enough enjoyable and exasperating time for the single challenge of beating the game... The Leader Board provides a target and a yardstick of performance, sometimes proof that a game is winnable and sometimes the pride of seeing my assumed name up there on the Leader Board for awhile.

Thank you again for providing this site...

Sincerely,

meka (aka Ann)

Comments

• meka

just wanted to say that you read my mind! i agree wholeheartedly.

to the founders: love the site.

-cleo :)
  • Hello meka,

I´m pirx (---> Stanislaw Lem), and I am a "he") :)
    I have read Your massage, an I agree, totally.

I do not play all games, but perhaps I can help You
    with some tips (for example "deal for it").

If You like, write me (pm).

To the owners of this site: Fantastic!

BTW: is it possible, to see the "ace of diamonds"
    in MAC OS X10.4.11 ?
    Thanks.

pirx
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    pirx 1 wrote:
    BTW: is it possible, to see the "ace of diamonds"
    in MAC OS X10.4.11 ?

It should be... Try holding down the shift key while clicking the reload button. Interesting though, I don't think I've ever seen that bug with Safari. Only with old Firefoxes.
    To the owners of this site: Fantastic!
    Thanks!

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...