Multiple Scoring in FreeCell

How can some obnoxious players get their names repeated many times in FreeCell, although I only see "the first time a player scores"?!
For example, a guy/girl called "Timur" has his/her name on the "High Scores" list many times in a row, with same number of moves and same timing exactly. In fact, this happens only too often. Needs to be banned and stopped somehow, since it denies other players any opportunity to compete, so to say. Thank you.

Comments

• The "show a player's first score, not their fastest" checkbox only affects you, not all players. So if you play a hundred times, it'll only show you your first score, not your fastest, but other players who have played a hundred times may be in the list many times.

• even if i play many times i am only visible one time in the highscore whereas for example vampback is there multiple times.
    and i am not ticking the first score box.

• Something is fishy...
    I think those guys who post their names a million times at once are somehow messing with (hacking) the game.

• Could someone please look into that? Thank you.

• Can you post a game name and number where this is happening?

• just look at the highscores in game of the day freecell. it is like this almost every day.

vampback 1-5 rex hannover 6 and 7
    it is really frustrating

• High Scores for Game 2982592443

Name Date Score Moves Time

1 PNT17 2017/12/04 10:27am 52 96 9s
    2 mediascn 2017/12/04 5:29am 52 93 12s
    3 timur 2017/12/04 11:35am 52 98 14s
    timur 2017/12/04 11:33am 52 98 14s
    5 timur 2017/12/04 3:36am 52 99 14s
    timur 2017/12/04 11:27am 52 99 14s
    timur 2017/12/04 3:32am 52 99 14s
    timur 2017/12/04 7:19am 52 99 14s
    timur 2017/12/04 7:24am 52 99 14s
    timur 2017/12/04 3:36am 52 99 14s

• That is exactly what I meant.
    I hope there is a fix for that!
    Thank you

• Agree with SamiRalo!

• since there is no development and vampback is now 1-10 i the game of the day for freecell moves, i am quitting this site.

• I'm confused. I just checked the leaderboard, and neither "timsun" or "vampback" are on any of the Freecell lists for the past week.

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited December 2017 99.243.255.25

There are two ways that scores can be calculated: either by the fewest number of moves or the shortest amount of time. To see which one the scores are being calculated by, for you... Click on the High Scores button of a game. When the High Scores box pops up, look at the last two columns: Moves and Time. Whichever of those words is green is how the scores are being calculated for you. You can change back and forth by clicking on the the word that is orange and underlined. And if you click back and forth, you will see that the players' names, on the two lists, are not the same. So, a player who played a particular game ten times, and finished every one with a different number of moves, could be listed from 1 to 10 if no one else finished the game in so few numbers of moves. Okay? Otherwise, something is awry but I doubt it's due to any person "hacking" a/the game.

I just checked the scores for Freecell game #2982592443. As of 8:30 p.m. on December 7, jackjumper is 1 to 12 on the Time scoreboard with his top three games of 91 moves, in 7 seconds, and his last nine games of 92 moves in 7 seconds. On the Moves scoreboard, vampback is 1 to 9, with 79 moves and times from 45 seconds to 4 minutes, 51 seconds. Perhaps there are a few people who like to challenge themselves and/or each other to achieve these scores. This may be what you call "hacking", but that doesn't mean that there's anything nefarious in their having done so. And I certainly wouldn't take it personally, or seriously, if I couldn't achieve these scores.

And so ends my lecture for this evening... good night, everyone. I have to go play every game of the day, now. Happy December! The winter solstice and it's festivities will soon be upon us!

• Fnarf, that would lead me to assume that these multiple high scorers are finding a ridiculously easy game, and are having fun with it, solely for their own amusement. These games appear when the New Game button is clicked by everyone who plays multiple games of the same kind. That's how these scores are being spotted.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...