Offensive ID names

Would it be possible to have a section for reporting offensive names? I find it difficult to play the games where these names keep recurring, often at the very top of the score board. It would be great if there were a more private way to report these names and then you make the judgment call based on the number of reports. Serial offenders just keep changing their ID and replacing with symbols but seriously....just as unpleasant and offensive. It is taking a lot of enjoyment out of something that should just be a bit of fun.
The latest name begins with ....... ♥v♥r Sm♥l♥

Comments

• Thank you for a really good statement of the problem and a workable solution. Hope others will sign in . . .

• ♥v♥r Sm♥l♥ - I'm confused - how is that offensive? I very seldom look at the names just scores.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Actually, the hearts are our doing. When someone has an offensive name we can mark it as offensive, which puts in the hearts to everyone else who sees it (the user still sees their own name uncensored).

• Thanks for that. It appears that my years spent editing and proofreading are to blame - I too easily pick up the "typos" and see the true hidden meaning. Oh well, thanks for your efforts.
    As for not looking at the names, that is part of the fun for me to see if I can catch the "good" guys. I rely on certain players to set the bar for me...you know who you are!
    Love the game...thanks!

• So I have to blame my fifty years as proofreader/copyeditor for being offended. Okay, thanks. Love the game.

• I have seen names that supported Nazi's, that was the most horrible ones I've seen. Besides that, there hasn't been much issue of my witness but very good topic. Some names really are not good like what was already mentioned about them supporting hate groups...Not happy.

• imma just gonna copy and paste to re-post my statement about special snowflakes populating Green Felt....zheesh....

• David, suggest Bigdick1 be edited to Bigdick0.

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited September 2017 135.23.69.185

The players who can't think of a user name, that isn't offensive, aren't here very long, as actually playing these games is beyond their intent or scope.

For every special snowflake, on the internet, there's a self-righteous troll showing the world how to be ridiculously disparaging. Have you played any solitaire on this site, yet, bear2973?

@bear2973, please don't. Calling people names won't change anyone's mind and just adds to the noise. We aim to keep Green Felt as inviting/family friendly as possible. Please be polite and respectful when visiting.

If you guys see offensive names, please let us know by posting to the forum. We get 100s of new users a week and it's not possible to hand check every single one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...