TIME OF SCORE POSTINGS

I love playing solitaire--Green Felt. I save my scores when I beat the game. I play at different times during the day. I understand my score is registered at the point of winning. I assume all scores are registered from mid-night to midnight each day. I've tried going back to see how I scored later to see results at the end of the day but can't get results. How long do you post the scores under the ID number of the game played for any certain day? How much time do we have to find out how we placed at mid-night on any particular day? I assume if a player scores 2nd place in the morning it is very likely the same player might end up placing much lower out of the top 10 by the end of the day. Can someone connected with Klondike--Green Felt please respond? batterya

Comments

• Don't the scores stay up forever? I know you can punch in random game numbers (try Game #1) and see that the top ten has games from years ago in some cases. Similarly if you hit a game that hasn't been played before, it's not uncommon to register the first-ever score (note that only logged-in players get a position on the top ten, though unlogged-in (anonymous) players count in the overall statistics (i.e., the 292 in "You placed 4th out of 292"). I know I've gone back and looked at games I've played before and seen my name in the list. Maybe it only keeps the top ten permanently, and the results from your games, if they are lower than that, are tossed after a certain number of days?

The times are displayed in your local time but I'm sure they are stored in system time (number of seconds since a some arbitrary date in Universal Time, i.e., Greenwich Mean Time). This is because players come from all over the world; your "morning" might be my evening. I have no idea what time zone David and Jim live in, and even if I did, the server this all runs on could be located halfway around the world from there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...