cheating programs.

Game: klondike
Game #: 1471005532
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/603.3.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.2 Safari/603.3.8
JS-Version: 2017-07-29_01:32:02_-0700_a1d92b5ca039e66020fc2648f6778cdbbd485870

Please describe the problem in detail: When someone can make over a hundred moves in 36 seconds, there is obviously a cheating program at work. Can't you find a way to close that vulnerability? It takes all the challenge out of timing your own game.

Comments

• 7 LAF 2017/08/21 4:22pm 52 130 1m50s

• There are short cuts built in to several of Green Felt's games...some people choose to use them. Is that cheating to use what is available for all of use to use if we choose? IMO...no. I choose not to use them but if others do I have no problem with that. These are games for us to entertain ourselves with. Each person (I hope) plays in a way that they enjoy.

• If you move five or ten cards, with each click, you can cut that 36 seconds down significantly. There are no cheating programs. It is up to each of us to figure out how to play that fast or not and just play one card at a time. There are no cheating programs but, as everyone who has been irked by these fast scores imagines, that can be the only explanation, for such a phenomenon.

• When you see ridiculous times for a game, that game will also have been played a very high number of times.
    1 arriba 2017/08/21 7:49pm 52 114 37s
    2 olli 2017/08/22 3:12am 52 109 44s
    3 lasso 2017/08/21 8:24pm 52 119 53s
    4 jimc8415 2017/08/22 9:46am 52 100 59s

This one was played 3331 times! What's the connection?

• No one is cheating.

• Read the rules. It's super solitaire. Have to have your wits about you.

• While it I don't think it is fun to cheat, it is fun to understand the code. That said, it is easy to cheat. Did you want to know how so you can also have quick times?

• Code? you talking about the program that runs this?

• He's making it up.

• CheatsArePossibleCheatsArePossible REGISTERED
    edited August 2017 199.96.155.90

Yes, the JavaScript is open source. Every modern browser has a console that you can execute code in. Example:

the_game.undo[the_game.undo.length-1];

Is your last undo. If you manipulate this variable and then click undo you can change the order of the cards.

• That's not true. Prove it. win a game with it.

• Please note the low move count is tell tale of a cheat

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Your game doesn't validate. It's possible for us to detect the kind of cheat you are demonstrating server side, but we've not bothered to implement it because so far every game we've ever scrutinized is not actually cheating. It's possible, as you've shown (and as we've known), but it happens less that people around here think. Not every low time is a cheat, and most/all of them aren't.

I should point out that at some level there's no way to completely remove cheating—it's just an impossibility given how browsers work. One thing we really don't want is an arms race where we spend all our time defeating cheats instead of doing more productive things.

• I agree. Thanks for your great work and fun website. Not every game is beatable using the quick play shortcuts. Sometimes slow players like me still get the high score.

• I never could understand the concept of cheating. What does it prove? For me it takes the fun out of playing if I know someone cheats in order to win.

• Yaaaaaaaaaah jojo0817 you tell them like it is. way to go. I love honesty in a player i agree Win loose or draw keep it real Thanks rewind....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...