Cheating?

How does someone make 104 moves in 24 seconds?

Comments

• If you are talking about Free cell, Seems impossible, with out help.

• It must be that a lot of these leaders have computers to solve these games so fast. I can't understand how a human can do a freecell in under 3 seconds. Am I the only one who is so slow?

• CORRECTION I meant 3 minutes.

• You can not make 104 individual moves in 24 seconds. You can make 104 moves as part of multiple move packages in 24 seconds. You should note that if you click to the top card of a column then all the cards in the column will move if there is space or other cards that will take them. So, the top players are able to see the paths in the cards well ahead and to make the multiple moves that lead to a completed game in very short order. If you are moving one card at a time you will rarely be in the top 10.

If you look at the top 10 lists on more difficult games it is not uncommon to see that only 4 or 5 players have actually solved the game. Most players are interested in time and if they run out of moves they quit and go on to the next game. Some of us like to solve the game and just put up with slow times when you have to backtrack to get through it. About a year ago I was number 1 on a game that had had nearly 2000 plays. It took me about 16 minutes to solve it.

You can also play a game multiple times and in doing so improve your score. That is one of the reasons the game operators give you a choice in seeing first score or fastest score. There was a player who used to do this on the game of the day and it was not unusual to see him ranked in 3 places in the top 10 often with the same score. I have not seen that in a while so perhaps the operators fixed that issue by limiting players to one listing in the top 10.

So, I suspect there are some who may use some kind of assistance but I recognize most of the usernames on the games I play and it is usually the same folks who are in the top 10. Believe it or not, free cell is a skill game and the time element is a key part. If you start applying yourself to finding the paths and seeing the multiple moves you will find success sooner, in some cases, and eventually as in others (like mine).

• Thanks Frede - I'll have to experiment with it.

• Free cell, if the system is working properly, IS primarily a game of strategy. Personally, I see little point in "solving" the game in a few seconds since one's computer is making the moves, not one''s ability to plan moves. I am often enough in the top 10, sometimes even #1, but almost always I am the slowest player of the 10. If there is a choice of two possible moves, say a red 6 to one of two black sevens, I make the choice, not the computer. If I made a bad choice, still, the buck stops with me. Now I just wish the updated material gets installed because playing just to beat the game is not as satisfying as being "up there" with Daisy, Ol' Rivers, Dog's bollocks, Woody pilot and other friends I don't know.

• OMG! I've always wanted to know how people cheat; i.e. The question posed re: "how does a person make 104 moves in 24 seconds? "

• Clicking on something that is built into the game would note be called cheating then, since any player can access it

• It may not necessarily be something built into the game. It could be a flaw or an omission.

• Or using the Auto-finish button...

• I guess that I don't understand...who are they cheating? It is a game that we play where the outcome doesn't affect anyone else.

I play these games for my own enjoyment as I assume others do also. That's the great thing about this site...everyone can choose their own method of playing...slow...fast...short cuts...etc.

The other great thing...there is no timer that I have to beat...I can take my time.

• Yeah, cheating is the wrong word absolutely. I have just ignored the speed demons since I don't see any reason to try to trim my times.

I've said it before and I will say it again - I would like to see the leader board rank leaders by number of moves instead of time. You could still spend all day trying for a more efficient path to solving, but I think it would permanently shut down the " how can they do that - they must be using bots " threads that have been a constant theme since I found this site years ago.

Dave

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...