Copyrite

I made a capture of a game (Klondike) to use in a school project. Do I need permission from you to use it? May I use it? If I were to use a capture from your website in a video to make money, would I need your permission? Would I get your permission? Thank you very much for your time.

Comments

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Do you mean a video capture? I have no problems with it if you wish to capture video for a school project.

Capturing videos for money is a greyer area (look up Persona 5 and its streaming limitations for some, uh, rigorous debates). Personally I'd want to know more about what kind of video you were making and how it was monetized to know if I'd be OK with it. Would it be streaming it for your followers (ok with me), or for review purposes (also ok with me), or for some other purpose?

I'm only speaking for me, Jim might have a different opinion.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Do you mean a video capture? I have no problems with it if you wish to capture video for a school project.

Capturing videos for money is a greyer area (look up Persona 5 and its streaming limitations for some, uh, rigorous debates). Personally I'd want to know more about what kind of video you were making and how it was monetized to know if I'd be OK with it. Would it be streaming it for your followers (ok with me), or for review purposes (also ok with me), or for some other purpose?

I'm only speaking for me, Jim might have a different opinion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...