Pyramid Scoring

Game: pyramid
Game #: 1173713281

What would you like to see?

According to the brilliant source, Wikipedia, to win a Pyramid game: "To be considered won, all cards (cards from the pyramid and cards from the stock) must be moved to the foundation; the game cannot be won if at least two cards cannot be moved from the stock." Unfortunately, your game stops when all cards in the pyramid are gone, even if there are cards let in the stock. I've played Pyramid the old-fashioned way and often have cleared the pyramid, but only rarely cleared the stock too. That can happen, though, and is very rewarding when it does. Any possibility of changing the play to continue until the stock is gone and count the perfect score as 52? My grandmother always counted the cards left in the stock (after ALL parings were gone) as "the score." Your system would reverse that, counting the cards left in the pyramid PLUS the matched cards not left in the stock as the final score.

Comments

• Since you asked (the forum topic), I guess I'd like some type of answer. As an FYI follow-up, game 256023059, if played correctly, would be a perfect game with a score of 52 (the number in the discard stack) under the traditional Pyramid game as I learned it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...