%tile scores for moves and time.

Game: freecell

Game #: 1845616756

What would you like to see?

Comments

• Daily and all time %tile scores for moves and time. I am an intermediate player. Occasionally I get a high score on moves, never on time. I'm just not that good. Still, I would like the entire day, and overall %tile scores for my games. Age group scoring would also be nice. Some of us use this to fight the ravages of time, and I can never compete with young minds.

• I also wonder about the relationship between time taken and the fewest moves. Obviously some of the players have programs to finish in the times reported, 90 moves in 12 seconds??? But what's the point of that? I feel that finishing in the fewest moves shows a more focused or more "structured" approach to the game. If you practice and replay the same game over and over then you are bound to post an improving score but, again, what's the point?

• Thanks for the insightful response. I take your point, because I want to feel that way too. I do better on moves than time, because I am learning to play the game and it takes me longer to 'see' the finishing moves. Those who do it quicker than me, see better than me. That's OK, I'm getting better too.

Finishing moves are playing the lowest card to the home cells. If that won't play you need to play a tidying up move that prepares for a finishing move. Sometimes when I start tidying up, I forget that tidy isn't the goal, finishing is the goal. You have to play the finishing move as soon as possible to score the best time. That Eureka moment when you see that now you can play the next finishing move is the key to speed, of which I don't have much.

Which brings us to vocabulary. I call them finishing and tidying moves only because I don't know what the really good players call them. Would some good players tell me their vocabulary?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...