SCORING METHOD

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited November 2007 in Feature Requests
ID LIKE TO SEE FREECELL SCORED BY HOW MANY MOVES TO WIN RATHER THAN A TIMED GAME. SOME PEOPLE PLAY AT WORK AND HAVE TO STOP FOR A WHILE AND GO BACK TO THE GAME LATER, I THINK SOME PEOPLE HAVE FASTER COMPUTERS AND THAT GIVES AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE WHEN TIME IS THE DECIDING FACTOR IN TOP SCORES. THANKS

Comments

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    ILLWINIT wrote:
    ID LIKE TO SEE FREECELL SCORED BY HOW MANY MOVES TO WIN RATHER THAN A TIMED GAME. SOME PEOPLE PLAY AT WORK AND HAVE TO STOP FOR A WHILE AND GO BACK TO THE GAME LATER, I THINK SOME PEOPLE HAVE FASTER COMPUTERS AND THAT GIVES AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE WHEN TIME IS THE DECIDING FACTOR IN TOP SCORES. THANKS
    We have considered putting in a pause feature that lets you pause the game without counting against your time. It opens up some sticky problems so we haven't done it yet. Number of moves is an idea, but do you count moves that have been undone? Or does the undo itself count as a move. I'm not sure what's fair. I like undos, so I wouldn't want them to count against you. I don't think slower computer hurt you so much that you can't get a high score, except maybe on games like pyramid where the lowest time is sometimes in the low 40s. And even then I kind of doubt it. It would have to be a really slow computer...

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...