Canadian greenfelters - I need advice please

Hello to all the Canadian greenfelters.  I would like some advice please.  I am coming to Canada next Canadian winter, and as I am from a tropical climate in Australia, I have no clue about cold weather gear.  I understand layering, but am not sure about pants and footwear.  Can you give advice on brands, what layers to buy and footwear that would be good for when I visit.  I will be in Toronto and Peterborough.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Jabba.

Comments

• Hi there jabba as being from Nova Scotia winters can be fairly cold . That's why I prefer a good pair of lined bluejeans and insulated boots 

• Greetings Jabba! So you are coming to Ontario. I would advise the following..... Warm and dry footwear, long warm pants, warm coat, scarf, warm mittens or gloves  headwear like a touque, or warm hat. Also a tolerance to cold weather, like wind and snow.   Good luck and we will welcome you. When you arrive let us know as this is from Jimbob and I live about one hour north of Toronto.

• Thank you rewind and jimbob for your advice.  Jimbob, will let you know as it gets closer - might be the first greenfelters convention!

• Wow!  Hey Jabba. Greenfelters convention. What a concept. Huge undertaking. Can you imagine people from all over the world, gathering together. Trying to arrange a location , hotel accomadation  I think the cost for each individual would be prohibitive. travel, etc. etc. What an idea though. Keep in touch and have a nice weekend. It is a long weekend for us In Canada called Victoria Day Weekend. Fireworks etc. Party time..Backyard B.B.Q.  The works...take care....regards   jimbob 

One question...Are you Mr. or Mrs. or Miss?

• Unconventional request of would-be Green Felt conventioneers? 

Would an octogenarian, unitarian, aquarian, editorially proficient Ms. be welcome? Grew up across the St. Clair River from Canada, recall the dire need for hot—er, warm—pants. And woollen babushkas for aunts and uncles alike. Over the earmuffs, under the derby or bonnet.

Hope your Victoria Weekend is splendid.
  • Sorry, forgot to add the <grin>

• Yep, I think a full greenfelters convention might be a hard task, but I guess if some of us are in the same general vicinity we could do a mini version.  That would be Miss, hard to tell by the username (oh and I'm not as big as Jabba the Hutt either!)  How about you - Mr Mrs or Miss?  Have a good long weekend.

• Yeah it's Mr.   Looks like a cool weekend, usually warm and sunny, oh well we will make the best of it. take care and have a good one.. Over and out....Cheers....Jimbob

• Any hot tips for Christmas in Toronto?  Where is the best place to see the northern lights?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...