Calculation Leader Board

I love Calculation -- that is, I LOVE IT. Lots of other Green Felt users love it (are you reading this, greenhand and totalloser?). Yet there is no leader board for Calculation. Why not? Oh why oh why not?

La-Ti-Da

Comments

• This message is for Calculator as well.

Rise up! Demand a Calculation leader board!

• Thank you, La-Ti-Da.  I don't like going very long without a Calculation game.  So where's the leader board?

Greenhand

• My question exactly.

• Its got to do with the total number of individuals that play it compared to the other games - less people play, less likely to be on the board.

• I questioned this a while ago too and got the same answer - that there aren't enough people playing it to justify a place on the leader board.  The high score fills up pretty quickly, so I wonder why they think that.  That being said, I have often wondered since if not being on the leader board shelters the game somewhat from the speed freaks.  I would hate to see 3bc "discover" Calculation and clutter up our high score table (no offense, jabba - I see you like to compete for speed - different strokes...)  I also love Calculation and try to play one game a day.  I discovered it in my youth as the one solitaire game that was based on skill rather than luck and was happy to find this version a year or so ago. I also love Seahaven Towers for the same reason, but it's on the leader board and the top ten is filled with times under a minute.

So anyway, be careful what you wish for - you may get it!

DBWoerner

• Greenhand would beat me (almost) every time. But I'd like to see us both get some credit.

Is 3bc a computer program? Those numbers seem humanly impossible.

• If I was only about the speed, I would put 3bc where they belong.  However, I have a life and can't be bothered.  I don't always get fast scores and when time permits, I also like to play the games that don't show up on the leader board.  I love solving puzzles and if I hit the jackpot and do it fast then woo hoo.  And I also agree that if calculation ended up on the board, then you know who would find a way to win fastest. La-Ti-Da and Greenhand, even though not on the main board for those games, you do have the credit for the games you have played.  Everyone else who plays them can see how well you have done!

• Greenhand is better. Not sure I can ever get below 75 sec. He/she does it all the time.

• No, what I do all the time (which is my problem) is play Calculation, when I should be doing things like working.  You could get the same scores I do, La-Ti-Da, because you're a consistent player.

But is 3bc a computer program?  I was wondering that myself.  Just for the record I am human.
  • Some people say Jesus was born in the year 3 BC.  Is that where the name comes from?

• Today's Calculation was particularly easy and it still took me over 2 minutes to solve (and I thought I was rolling along pretty fast for me B^)  Since I have the high score set to "moves" I don't even notice who was fastest. So far I'm tied for second in moves, but I'm fourth in time - I'[m often near the top in moves, but seldom in time.  These games are about relaxation for me so I'm not interested in speed.  Your mileage may vary B^)

DBWoerner

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    edited February 2015 76.170.36.134

Just for the record I am human.

That's exactly what a robot would say! ;)

• That's exactly what a robot would say! 

$^&(&(^*(!!!! No answer ready no answer ready no answer

• You are consistently 30 sec. faster than me, greenhand. Maybe you are a robot...

• The other possibility, La-Ti-Da, is that I'm way way older than you, and I have spent the additional years I've had on earth playing Calculation.  When you get to be my age you will fly through the game.  

• Don't think so. I've gotten a lot faster, but have hit a physical plateau. Not sure how to make my hand and clicking finger work any faster.

And Hubbard is catching up...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...