Calculation game: too much auto completion

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports
I appreciate the willingness to help in the "auto complete" feature that sends cards to their logical places. However, we don't always want that to happen. If I'm sitting on a 10 waiting for the right slot to put it into, the game automatically plays that card where it's immediately needed. I click "undo" and try again, but the same thing happens. I usually have to try three or four times before the card will stay where I put it.

This is also true of King cards flying automatically to their places. Slow down with the automatic moves, please!

Comments

• Yessss. Honestly, I would prefer to totally eliminate auto-play on all the games. It's very annoying and I want to think for myself.
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    There are no moves that just happen automatically except in "Deal With It", where the cards deal after the timer expires.

In all other Solitaire games the cards only do something if you initiate it. This is going to sound a little trite, but if you don't want super-moves, then don't use them. You can play a perfectly functional game of Freecell by only moving one card at a time (as technically required by the rules). If you don't want a single clicked card to guess where it is supposed to go, then click and drag instead of just single clicking it. Then you can explicitly drag it to wherever you want.

One thing that might be confusing the issue is our "mouse-only play". We've assigned the "undo" command to the right mouse button. So if you are a little careless with your clicks then you might accidentally click the right mouse button instead of the left mouse button (this is especially true with Apple's mice) and cause "undo" to happen.

Also, clicking anywhere on the felt background in the game is the same as clicking the "Auto-finish" button (which can be jarring if you aren't expecting it).

Luckily, for all of these things "undo" and "redo" will always work. We've even bound them to the keyboard—press "z" to undo and "x" to redo (just to be complete, "space" does "Auto-finish").

-David
  • I play calculation regularly and have never seen that happen. Perhaps as greenfelt guys suggest - you have initiated this by accidentally double clicking or by some other means.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...