Several feature requests

SpaceMooseSpaceMoose REGISTERED
edited January 2007 in Feature Requests
1. Is it possible to automatically log me in using cookies? It is somewhat annoying to have to keep logging in each visit.

2. In Spider, I often create large stacks of cards, forcing me to switch to a smaller card size than I like. Would it be possible to either allow the user to adjust the spacing of stacks of cards, or to automatically compress taller stacks? Possibly you could query the height of the browser window and try to keep all of the game buttons and cards within that height.

3. It would be nice if users could select which card backs they play with. I like some of them better than others.

This site is amazingly well done. Thanks for making so many quality games.

Comments

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    SpaceMoose wrote:
    1. Is it possible to automatically log me in using cookies? It is somewhat annoying to have to keep logging in each visit.
    We do use cookies actually. But there is only one outstanding login at a time so if you log in on another computer your previous login will be invalidated. So if you are, for instance, playing at home and at work each time you switch from home to work or back you have to re-login.
    2. In Spider, I often create large stacks of cards, forcing me to switch to a smaller card size than I like. Would it be possible to either allow the user to adjust the spacing of stacks of cards, or to automatically compress taller stacks? Possibly you could query the height of the browser window and try to keep all of the game buttons and cards within that height.
    We've experimented with this but it's not as good as it initially sounds. The problem was that as the stacks get compacted the visibility of the rank and suit in the top left gets worse until you can't read it at all. In spider it's important to be able to see the middle of your stacks since you might have non-ordered cards stuck in there. Maybe we could smartly compact them so that only ordered cards get compacted and even then not the top or bottom (since those are key). That might be pretty hard to code. We'll look into it.
    3. It would be nice if users could select which card backs they play with. I like some of them better than others.
    Yes, I agree. It's been on our list of things to do for a long time now. :-)
    This site is amazingly well done. Thanks for making so many quality games.
    Thanks! We really appreciate it.

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...