Invisible card in game 1820376617

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited November 2013 in Bug Reports
Game: fortythieves
Game #: 1820376617
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.57 Safari/537.36

Please describe the problem in detail:

One card, the three of diamonds, come up invisible, or almost so -- it was extremely translucent, so that you could tell what it was when held over the green felt but not when it was on top of another face-up card. It came up about 1/3 of the way into the game. Game play was normal -- I was able to play it on the four of diamonds, and to play it off on the two of diamonds later. No other card was translucent like that.

Comments

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Fnarf wrote:
    One card, the three of diamonds, come up invisible, or almost so -- it was extremely translucent, so that you could tell what it was when held over the green felt but not when it was on top of another face-up card. It came up about 1/3 of the way into the game. Game play was normal -- I was able to play it on the four of diamonds, and to play it off on the two of diamonds later. No other card was translucent like that.
    This is a bug we haven't figured out yet. It's related to pausing—you'll notice when the game is paused the cards go all transparent. Sometimes, and only on certain browsers, a card or 2 will remain transparent after resuming the game. If this happens again, you can pause and then unpause which should kick it and usually fixes the problem.

This is a particularly hard problem for us to debug because debugging in the browser usually causes the game to pause and fix itself. Our current thinking is that this is a browser bug, and not a bug in our code, but we haven't been able to conclusively show it.

-David
  • Thanks for responding. If it helps, this game was paused, earlier, but not when this one card came up; it came up transparent just in the regular play of the game -- it was transparent when it was turned over. Dunno if that helps.

It's happened before. I've usually closed the browser window and started over, but since the next game probably wouldn't have had a transparent card either, I can't really say that it fixed anything.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...