New Game Time

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
I wish I knew when the new games start (Eastern Time) I have not been able to find them since dst "fell" back. I tried 7pm but not right.

Comments

• ok --something is wrong with your clock--I just played a new game & your clock says it was played at 7:33 & my computer clock says I played at 9:23 pm (Eastern Time). The rule of Daylight savings time is FALL BACK-- spring forward.
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    cappie wrote:
    ok --something is wrong with your clock--I just played a new game & your clock says it was played at 7:33 & my computer clock says I played at 9:23 pm (Eastern Time). The rule of Daylight savings time is FALL BACK-- spring forward.

You are 100% correct--The time was off on the server by 2 hours. It had nothing to do with Daylight savings though. Jim and I shut down the computer for a couple hours on Tuesday or Wednesday of last week to upgrade some parts in it and when it came back on the time was shifted by 2 hours (due to technical details about the virtual machine that Green Felt runs on).

The time has now been synced up to real time.
    I wish I knew when the new games start (Eastern Time) I have not been able to find them since dst "fell" back.
    The time that new games appear is 12am UTC/Greenwich mean time. What that is in the Eastern time zone is left as an exercise for the reader. :-)

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...