Browswer: google. Game always freezes near end of draw pile

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited May 2012 in Bug Reports
Game: fortythieves
Game #: 932935015
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; SCH-I800 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Please describe the problem in detail:

Comments

• Interesting. Rarely I have a game go nuts on me (although I don't play that one)... I'll have floating cards, can move things out of the middle of a pile and other absurditites.. ...and the game cannot continue... I've always assumed it s because I did an unsupported gesture while playing within the Google iPad app (maybe a multi touch? Ca not reproduce at will.).

Since it is a rare browser, I don't actually expect support.. ...so I don't care if it works...

But if this s helpful, here's the info.. ...maybe related to above? (if not, disregard).

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9B206
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Zoroaster wrote:
    Interesting. Rarely I have a game go nuts on me (although I don't play that one)... I'll have floating cards, can move things out of the middle of a pile and other absurditites.. ...and the game cannot continue... I've always assumed it s because I did an unsupported gesture while playing within the Google iPad app (maybe a multi touch? Ca not reproduce at will.).
    What's the Google iPad app? We *should* work OK on iOS devices with Safari. If there's another browser, I'm happy to try it out.

If the game ever flips out entirely like that, you can usually (though not always) use "undo" to get back to a good state and then continue on.

Voxie, neither Jim nor I have any Android devices, which makes it hard to test. Are you playing on a phone or a tablet? Do the other games on the site work?

-David
  • i'm playing on my Galaxy (android based); the problem described in the reply below also describes what happens when i get low on cards in the stock pile. a random card "floats" and no matter where you click on the screen, it won't go away, not even to allow you to click the "undo" button. it's like the game gets A Mind of Its Own. I've been playing by going to greenfelt then clicking on the Forty Thieves game. I don't see anywhere where i can download the game itself - have to keep returning to the website.
    last night i played on my Mac, and had better luck (well, as far as the operation of the game that is!). WOuld just love to be able to play on my Galaxy, it's so portable. By the way, i love the Green Felt site - best graphics and ease of moves. I'm new to this, so part of it may be Operator Error :). thanks for responding.
  • What's the Google iPad app? We *should* work OK on iOS devices with Safari. If there's another browser, I'm happy to try it out.

Go to the app store, search for "Google Search", and download it. (I see there is an update that I need to pull...).

It's really really really great for googling sessions... Swipe from the left for history (it tracks searches, and within the searches- some pages visited). Swipe from the right to slide out the built in browser. If only looking at the results pane, click the box icon to pull up all the google apps, such as gmail. You can click the microphone and tell it the search criteria. You can delete only history that you select, and not all of it (like safari).

It lacks the hold on back button for this search's history.. ...and lacks multiple tabs. So you still need safari.

I read a review once where the author wondered if google had figured out how to get chrome on iOS (no idea)... I downloaded it to try and got hooked. I don't work for google... ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...