New to Green Felt

BelleBelle REGISTERED, NEWLY_REGISTERED
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Hello. New to this board. Have to admit I came because another freecell site I was on for years just underwent major problems with their website, so I'm grateful for this one.
Differences I notice:
1. the aces don't automatically go on the right upper spaces
2. Big thing: You can't place a queen on the regular slots without a King.
I'm going to try & get used to it.
3. The scores on the other site were by wins, not by time.

Comments

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Belle wrote:
    Hello. New to this board. Have to admit I came because another freecell site I was on for years just underwent major problems with their website, so I'm grateful for this one.
    Hello Belle, we're glad to have you!
    Differences I notice:
    1. the aces don't automatically go on the right upper spaces
    So, for example, the ace of spades will go to the foundation that's marked with a heart?
    Does this happen when you single click on an ace? Does the "Auto-finish" button behave any differently?
    2. Big thing: You can't place a queen on the regular slots without a King.
    I'm going to try & get used to it.
    Do you mean you can't put a Queen in an empty spot on the board? That should definitely work, if not we have a bug in our Freecell game. Next time you see this, click the "If you find a bug, please report it" link and tell us which card you can't move to where. That will tell us what specific game you playing and help us find out what is going on.
    3. The scores on the other site were by wins, not by time.
    Yeah, this is so we can have daily high scores without forcing people to play a ton of games. We would like to include total win percentages and other statistics at some point. It's been on our list of things to do for years though :-).

-David
  • Speaking of stats...
    Just for curiosity, how long on average do people stay on the site?

When playing the old games, the scores are dominated by a different list of users than the dailies (at least for the ones that I play).

Btw, if this is a stat that you don't want to share (I can see legit reasons)... ..then feel free to delete this post...

Thanks.
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Zoroaster wrote:
    Speaking of stats...
    Just for curiosity, how long on average do people stay on the site?
    It's actually a pretty reasonable number: 30 minutes.

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...