Forty Thieves

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited January 2012 in Bug Reports
This isn't necessarily a bug, just a "that's interesting" observation. I downloaded and started using a web browser called Maxthon today. Previously, when I played 40 Thieves using IE8, I could "peek" at the previous card down in the waste pile by clicking on the top card and dragging it to the side a little. When I played 40 Thieves just now using Maxthon, I couldn't peek at the previously discarded card. The second card is shown as face down.

I'm not sure which way it is supposed to be, so I can't say that this is a "bug" when using Maxthon. (Maybe I'm not supposed to be able to "peek", and IE8 is the problem browser.)

I also haven't explored other games yet to see if this "bug" carries across the other games.

P.S. - Maxthon is free and, so far, I am happy with it.

Comments

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Philsey wrote:
    Previously, when I played 40 Thieves using IE8, I could "peek" at the previous card down in the waste pile by clicking on the top card and dragging it to the side a little. When I played 40 Thieves just now using Maxthon, I couldn't peek at the previously discarded card. The second card is shown as face down
    That's not a bug, per se. We intentionally do that on webkit based browsers for performance reasons--For some reason Safari and Chrome (the other big webkit browsers) started getting really slow when there was a bunch of face up cards stacked up, so we turn them face down and only leave the top one face up. Perhaps we should leave the top 2 so that you can't tell.

Anyway, Maxthon appears to report itself as a webkit browser so that accounts for why you are seeing that behavior.

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...