Scorpion is killing me today

Okay, but how did you get the 9th point in today's Scorpion? Any hints? :-)
https://greenfelt.net/scorpion?game=1795283780

Comments

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited July 2023 99.76.46.40

I have not seen anyone win that particular game so far, so maybe there is no answer.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    edited July 2023 10.0.0.206

I don't remember that game in particular, I played a bunch of scorpion last night (while finishing an audio book—Green Felt is great for that, BTW). Looking at my replay (yay, admin tools ;)) I see that when I brought the 3 cards down, the 10♣ came down on the J♣. At that point I had a massive stack in the right column that started with the K♦ and ended with the 2♣.

And yeah, most games of Scorpion aren't winnable.

• Hmm. I'm not sure why you'd wait to move the ace of clubs, but I tried waiting... I still am not seeing it. The 8 of spades seems an obstacle. You had a lot of moves -- seems like something must have broken open that I'm still not seeing.

• At the end I have clubs (jack to 6), spades (7 to 4), and diamonds (9 to 6). Still cannot figure out how to extend any of those, or anything else. :-)

• If you look at the high scores, the highest is 9. It may be an unwinnable game.

• Try this one...it will make you think you get the game:

https://greenfelt.net/scorpion?game=2112381341

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    edited July 2023 10.0.0.206

My end state for 9 points had J♣️-6♣️ (3 points), 9♦️-6♦️ (1 point), 8♠️-A♠️ (5 points).

• Ooh. It's the 8 of spades I haven't figured out how to manage yet. I will keep trying. Thank you for checking! It will bother me until I can manage the 9th point. :-)

• Huzzah! Finally. (whew)

• barzonymous -- nice winnable one! I don't mind when they're not, as long as I can figure out how to get whatever is the highest score possible. (thanks again david for helping!) But I do play a lot more yukon than spider, since it's more likely to be winnable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...