golf

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited December 2011 in Bug Reports
I PLAYED GOLF FOR THE LAST HOUR OF TODAY'S GAME DONE IT IN 26 SECONDS SHOULD I WAS IN FIRST PLACE GO TO THE LEADER BOARD NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 10 NEW TO THE GAME PLAYING TONIGHT'S GAME SHOWS IAM THE LEADER WHAT AM I DOING WRONG THANKS 2DAY :?: :?

Comments

• 2day wrote:
    I PLAYED GOLF FOR THE LAST HOUR OF TODAY'S GAME DONE IT IN 26 SECONDS SHOULD I WAS IN FIRST PLACE GO TO THE LEADER BOARD NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 10 NEW TO THE GAME PLAYING TONIGHT'S GAME SHOWS IAM THE LEADER WHAT AM I DOING WRONG THANKS 2DAY :?: :?
    SORRY I WAS IN 4TH YESTERDAYS GAME
  • Guest wrote:
    2day wrote:
    SORRY I WAS IN 4TH YESTERDAYS GAME
    BUT I STILL SHOULD BE IN FIRST RIGHT THANKS 2DAY
  • still screwing me out of the top score in golf what am i doing wrong :oops:
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    2day wrote:
    still screwing me out of the top score in golf what am i doing wrong :oops:
    You're not doing anything wrong. Here's how it works--your official high score is the *first* game you achieve at that score. In your case it was the game you played on 2011-12-26 02:17:56 (Pacific Standard Time). That game was the first when you scored 35--it had an elapsed time of 1m7s. Every game you played after that doesn't count in the leader board.

We did this when players first started playing specific games over and over trying to get faster and faster play-throughs because (a) it was clogging up the leader board with all the games that got played trying to achieve the fastest time, and (b) it made *everyone* have to start repeating games with super fast times if they ever wanted to get on the high score table at all. In the end Jim and I decided that Solitaire wasn't a twitch sport and we didn't want to encourage speed-runs.

Hope that helps explain what's happening.

-David

Edit: Here's a blog post we wrote back when we made the change.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...