Cards move on their own jumping back and forth - not allowing to play the game.

Game: freecell
Game #: 2129593687
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/113.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Window: 1306x618
JS-Version: 2023-04-19_14:30:19_-0700_025b3de209596f6dbd725bc9d8b449eef1350c4d

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Comments

• This is an intermittent problem but when it starts it won't stop. The cards move back and forth without me touching the keyboard. I have reported this before but have had no response. What am I doing wrong?

• @Chrispy82 Are you inadvertently touching the right mouse button? Doing this will undo your previous move.

• Also, if you click on the background rather than on a card, that initiates autoplay.

• If my problem is autoplay I don't understand and I never click on autoplay. I am not touching the right mouse button to my knowledge

• I'm having the same problem. The autoplay is making moves that I did not intend and I am not accidently clicking the right mouse button. Very irritating and alters my scores by number of moves.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@Chrispy82 We also have a shortcut where clicking/tapping on the space between cards will trigger "auto-finish". The game also has a feature that if you try to move a card that can't legally be moved because it is deeper in a pile then it will try to move all the cards above it out of the way to let you move the one you wanted. So if you accidentally click/tap the card right above the one you meant to click on then your intended card will go flying away somewhere instead of letting you drag it.

But I'm just kind of guessing at what you seeing from your description. If you could describe in more detail exactly how they are moving back and forth I might be able to pin it down to a particular feature.

@KenOberg FWIW, the game doesn't count moves that you've undone. So if it does something you don't intend, click undo to get it back to where you were—those extra moves are now gone and don't affect your final move count.

• Yes. That's true, but having to undo a unintended move every time this auto moving occurs, it adds to the time clock.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...