Tin foil hats

A poorly made or ill-fitting tin foil hat can lead to hallucinations, paranoia, and a heightened craving for chocolate, all of which we sometimes see in these forums. So, as a public service, I offer the following tips:

1. Aluminum does not have the blocking power of real tin. So, if you must make your hat out of aluminum, use a double (or even triple!) layer.

2. The hat must be grounded. This is easily accomplished by making a long chain out of paper clips and attaching one end to the hat.

3. The hat must fit closely to the head. If symptoms persist, it may be necessary to shave your head. In fact, it's probably better just to shave your head to begin with.

4. Hat shaming is not okay! If you see someone with a poorly made hat (or, perish forbid, no hat at all) take them aside and explain the importance of a well made, well fitted hat. If they resist, they are probably suffering the effects of mind control rays, so be gentle but insistent. They will thank you for it later!

So everyone check your hats and be safe this year!

Comments

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited January 2023 184.171.221.6

I prefer alpaca or wool for hats, rather than metals. Easier to craft and knitting or crocheting imbues the knitwear with a certain amount witchcraft and/or magic, as well as the benefits of grounding. Handspun yarn is even more powerful. I don't have to worry about lightning strikes but, unfortunately, chocolate cravings are not so easily resolved.

• I love your humor, so refreshing.
    There are people out there who manage to wear many hats all at the same time. Usually they are all naturally grounded. Hats off to all multi-taskers.
    Happy, healthy New Year to everyone

• Hats off to all, it's 2023! A new year to live life, love one another, wear (or not) hats, and most importantly, play on. Peace to all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...