A deck with cards in a really random order instead of computerized order which is not random at all

What would you like to see?

I´d like to suggest that this site would use card decks with cards in a really random order instead of using conputerized order which is not random at all. That would mean that your customers could play with cards in completely random order which made different games of solitaire so poplular in the beginning
Respectfully yours,
Theobaldini

Comments

• NO! NO! Then how would we play the game of the day. If I play two or three games and one player is beating me ever time, I like trying to beat then on the next game. If all games were random, chances are you would not ever get to play the same folks.

• @Theobaldini Modern RNGs generate pseudo-random sequences that require a large number of samples and some sophisticated analysis to distinguish them from "true" random numbers. Even a bad RNG will generate sequences that are not distinguishable by casual observation.

If the deals you see seem to be "not random at all" then likely you are experiencing the clustering illusion.

• @jayG ... brilliant...never thought of that. Of course you are right. I'm simply satisfied if the hands dealt are not repetitive. There are a lot of smart people on this site.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...