A way to turn off auto-evacuation

Game: freecell
Game #: 317526126

I sometimes prefer to drag cards to their destination rather than click them there. (It allows me to choose the exact destination.) But many times when I drag, instead of attaching the cards at the end-point of the drag the Green Felt game automatically scatters all the cards that were at the destination! I have not been able to discover the difference between a drag-and-release that properly attaches and a drag-and-release that causes this scattering or auto-evacuation. I always have to Undo then try again.

If this is, as it seems, an intentional feature and not a bug, can you give us the option of turning it off? I have no idea what it's there for, but I'd love to be able to turn it off, and I bet a lot of other people would too. Thanks.

Comments

• It would help to see a video of what you’re talking about. But you should be able to drag a card to a specific location where it’s playable. The problem might come if the dragged card has two playable positions near each other, and you inadvertently drop it on the unintended one. Here’s a video showing such a case:
    A black outline shows where the card will go if you drop it in the current spot.

• Thank you. By paying more attention to the black outline I can tell when my cards will attach where I want them to, and when they'll end up scattering the destination cards around to any available empty spots on the board.

Still, I wonder if other newcomers find this behavior as puzzling as I did, since I haven't seen it at other Freecell sites I've used in the past. Maybe more explanation or warning would be helpful.

For an example, if you have three spots empty, you can accidentally scatter the last three cards of any column there if you're not paying close attention to the black outline.

• Correction: you can only scatter columns with three or fewer cards left if you have three spots empty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...