Rotation of cards in the reserve

Hi, in playing cards from the reserve to the table in Canfield, you do not process the remaining reserve properly.

Assume I have nine cards remaining in the reserve.
10 of Diamonds
8 of Spades
6 of Spades

9 of Hearts
K of Hearts
2 of Spades

3 of Clubs
10 of clubs
A of Diamonds

Now further assume that I need the three of clubs to open the board for further play.

Also know that the 6 of Spades, is playable.

If I play the 6 of spades with a manual deck, the next run through the needed 3 of Clubs would be playable.

But your program doesn't allow for showing just two cards at the end of the run. Your program repeats the final card in the second group as the first card of the last group.

Thus the 3 of clubs never gets freed.

Comments

• I've not had that problem.

• Arborist, wait until you have only a few cards remaining. if you get to where you have 9 cards in the reserve, and you can play one, see if the final flip forces you to display three cards.

Or put it another way, when you have more than three cards in the reserve, have you ever seen a one or two card final display?

• In fact, the display doesn't even rotate correctly when you just go through the reserve without playing any of the cards. I just verified this with Canfield game 295108049 (though any game will produce the same result).
    There are 34 cards in the reserve when you start the game. When you flip through the reserve, hover over the deck before each flip and it shows you the cards remaining in the reserve. At game start you'll see 34. as you flip three cards at a time, you'll see the count of remaining cards. 31, 28, 25, 22, 19, 16, 13,10, 7, 4.
    Stop at 4 and record those three cards.
    Now when you flip, you would normally have a single card when using a physical deck. But when you flip the last card, the display will add the last two cards from the previous flip. It always tries to display three cards.

• It always displays three cards, true. If you're down to one card in the stock, it will display the last two cards of the previous three plus the final card, but the cards are not duplicated. It's just a display issue. Play from the stock and cards become available the next time through as they should.

• Ok, Thanks for input. At least I know I wasn't seeing things. :)

• It is confusing. And, to be fair, my initial answer could have been a little less terse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...