Anonymous Still

Game: klondike
Game #: 1626761816
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.124 Safari/537.36 Edg/91.0.864.67
Window: 1349x657
JS-Version: 2021-07-01_21:53:26_-0700_073f291b2e50363b317f3b2317168846c20d766a

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Can't believe nothing has been done about this hacker. Once again Anonymous needs to be banned for life from this game. Do your job.

Comments

• PLEASE READ THE RESPONSES TO YOU'RE LAST TWO POSTS.

• Who are you to make demands like this??? There is NO HACKER! If you REALLY cared, you would read the multiple responses that have been made to your whines.

• I know you can't legislate ignorance, but it still gets my goat. Especially when they start getting nasty and it's their own fault and their tirades are against such good people.

• Another troll, not funny.

• DeusExMachinaDeusExMachina REGISTERED
    edited July 2021 192.150.10.205

@ulpilotrmh: Dear [removed]. I’m relieved that you pilot only ultra-lights. ‘twould be truly horrifying to think that hundreds of unwitting passengers were putting their lives in the hands of someone like you.

• somebody is yankin y'allz chain 😂

• Get a life. Either play on, forget about other's activities on this site; they don't concern you. Or exercise your right to go somewhere else. You're like a broken record.

• I was musing over all the 'anonymous' incoming posts yesterday, wondering if the majority are now simply to get a rise out of GreenFelt community? Maybe just @barzonymous reply 'see FAQ'. Nothing, no one, else. Ignore-ance would be bliss? (Though I love some of the excellent zingers.)

• So, we may make it to 50...lol

If these people ever read the FAQ and the rules for each game, half the truly stupid questions would be gone.

But yeah-we're being trolled.

• PtownpapaPtownpapa REGISTERED
    edited July 2021 24.236.180.220

Kill this thread - the only [removed] I have found is an MD and on the faculty in Harvard. Either he enjoys being an A**hole or it's someone spoofing him. The posts by ulpilotrmh do not represent a Harvard professor, in my estimation. Also there is no mention of his "ultra light" pilots license. DeusExMschina - where did you get your info?
    Something doesn't add up. "HE" posted in 2016 then nada until the anonymous thread. I am not a "people" detective, computer problems I can track down without too much BS.

• 🍭

• The person who has been using this "name" lives in Florida and was a pilot. Check facebook.

• I don't use Facebook or any other social thingy - I have e-mail and a genuine Leroy Jethro Gibbs flip phone.
    MJ has an Apple - after 35 years of computers, users, management, blah, blah, etc I am happy with my circumscribed social circle. Thanks barzonymous, for the heads up.

• Chill guys. Vigilantism is not a good look.

• It does seem to be getting a little out of hand, doesn't it? Maybe that's all he's looking for is a reaction from us -- and he certainly got it. It's time, at least for me, to ignore it and get on with life (or games).

• @fingsaint: How is it vigilantism to Google a username that an individual unwisely chose to use in multiple places?

• Hi @DeusExMachina happy to listen to what motivated you.

• I found it amusing that (a) someone is ranting about anonymous players while logged in with an essentially anonymous username, (b) the exact same username was employed elsewhere and posted online, making it easily discoverable, and (c) one of the Google hits revealed his actual name.
    Given that he’s going off rather idiotically and obnoxiously about the evils of anonymity—and attacking our beloved hosts in the process—I can’t see how he could object to having his real name divulged. I’ll grant you that the crack about being relieved that he flies only ultralights, not passenger planes, was gratuitous.

• It’s called doxxing.

• Just a tip-never use the same name everywhere.

• I think this has gone too far for me. Reminds me of the political season that we in the US have just gone through and is still going strong months later. One side complains and then the other side counter complains. I think it might be time for me to move on or at the very least stop reading this forum.

I agree that David and Jim seem to be nice guys but I also have the impression that they are very capable of managing this site. Do they really need their users of this site trying to control and sensor what other people post?

IDK it just seems to have gone to far researching a user and then posting their name and location on this forum. If however it is okay with Jim and David then carry on. I have had someone try to cyberstalk me before and it was frightening to say the list. I just don't want to be on a site that allows it.

Sorry guys but this just really bothers me...maybe I am just being paranoid.

• I totally agree. I'm sorry I corrected the Harvard information. Hope they close this thread.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Yeah, this is Doxxing. @DeusExMachina please don't do that again. I've replaced the name with "[removed]" in messages that mentioned it.

I'd like to remind everyone to not be mean to people reporting "bugs" even if it's obvious to all of you that they are missing something. People don't always realize this is a public forum (and so they don't check back) and we explicitly encourage people to report bugs and try to take away all friction so that we get a lot of reports.

Try to be empathetic—Think about when you find bugs in programs or web sites. Myself, I can get really frustrated when I encounter a bug, so it's natural that bug reports are written in a heightened state of frustration. A good rule of thumb is to give the poster the benefit of the doubt—Assume good faith.

Honestly, the best thing to do on repeated bug reports is to just ignore them. Posting replies keeps them in the list longer and only encourages the other regulars to pile on. That's not really helpful and makes the forum look uninviting to new folks. We're ok with the duplicates. Though if I was more on the ball I'd use the forum moderation tools to combine up all the duplicate bug reports into one discussion.

@ulpilotrmh In case you see this, being anonymous is a feature of the site. If you don't want to see them you can hide them with the checkbox that is underneath every high score table.

• @David

Thank you

• My sincere apologies to all, especially @ulpilotrmh. I figured since the association between username and real name was a simple Google search away, there was no harm in post the latter here. But I just read up on doxing and see that what I did crossed a line. Thanks for scrubbing the name from my post, David; had you not done so, I came here planning to delete delete the post altogether. [Except I do not find an way to delete my posts...] Thanks, also, for the reminder to be nicer. I, for one, will take that to heart.
    As to the two endemic problems of repeated topics and some posters not realizing that bug reports & feature requests become public threads here, I have a suggestion: rather than having links on the game pages for submitting bugs & feature requests and “send[ing] us praise,” how about directing players to the forum? ...with a line like “If you have a bug to report or a feature to request, please visit our [forum]. You could keep the Bug and Feature entries in the Contact Us menu but point them to the forum as well.
    Bonus points for adding a link to the FAQ and maybe a “Change my username” button atop the main forum page. (Don’t know whether the latter is an option since the user is now in the forum, where login is independent of the game side.)

• There is now a delete option... It has to be done in 4 hrs from the post. I asked-we got and life is definitely better with that option.

• @david: "If you don't want to see them you can hide them with the checkbox that is underneath every high score table."
    In my browsers, signed in or not, anonymouses are hidden by default. I see them only after enabling the checkbox. Could be the pilot's checkbox gets toggled on by some UFO's disgruntled pilot. I keep having my doubts, though...

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited July 2021 99.76.46.40

Mine is that way too (hidden) -and my husband and I both play anonymously.

• barzonymous, a question. If your husband is anonymous, doesn't it make it hard to find him at a party? ☺

• He always wears a hat with his name "anonymous" on it-so, no.

• Are all anonymi identical? Seems like there could be some small variations.

• I feel heartened by how this issue was handled. I hope I am as gracious in acknowledging my mistakes (doxxing or otherwise). In fact, I owe my daughter an apology so I'm going to go do that now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...