Is the player able to beat the game in 54 seconds a human being ?

I am just an ordinary man (French, nobody is perfect) and I can perform enough to be in the middle of your rank of excellence with 100 moves in 10 or 12 minutes. But I read this : "Jacklad 2021/07/04 3:39pm 52 102 54s". He is N°1 in your ranking, and he is able to move 102 times his cards, this being 2 times per second, during less than one minute. My question is : is he a computer, or a human being, or may be a standard American citizen, or even an ordinary Republican ? (Donald Trump, I presume, would beat de the game in 10 seconds and 10 moves :-) Thanky you for your kind answer. Clive.

Comments

• Hi @cliveplays you are not alone in your concerns which is why all is explained (complete with videos) in the frequently asked questions section of Green Felt. Just click on the FAQ tab and scroll down to the section headed Solitaire for the full reveal.
    https://greenfelt.net/faq

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited July 2021 99.76.46.40

Short answer...the human being player can beat the game in less than 54 seconds. Easily. Super moves.

• Not sure but isn't using supermoves getting non human assistance to speed up your game albeit within the rules of the game?

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited July 2021 119.18.1.9

Hi @miishpushupek aha! 😀 now we’re entering the philosophical realm of semantics. It’s a fair point but I’d argue that, like a motor vehicle that gets you to your destination faster, it’s not going anywhere unless you drive it.

• Hah, fingsaint...good one. 😂

• I am the tool user. Supermoves and undo are tools, not consciousnesses.

• @miishpushupek: Super Moves are obviously a form of computer assistance. I’d go so far as to argue that using them extensively (as I do) is almost like playing a different game: I don’t even look at the board the same way that players who move individual cards or stacks of ranked cards do.
    So I think there’s a case for adding yet another option to the results board to show only scores achieved without using Super Moves. Of course, I have no idea whether @Jim & @david’s code would let them tell whether any Super Moves were employed. This would also beg the question of what exactly counts as a Super Move. For example, in Freecell if you have a red two on top of a black three and tap the three to move both cards to an exposed red four, is that a Super Move?
    While we’re talking about Super Moves, I’ll open another can of worms that I haven’t seen discussed on this forum. Using them on exposed cards is fine because one could mentally play through the movement of each card, But employing Super Moves with face-down cards (like in Spider) feels sketchier because the program is leveraging information that is hidden from the player at the time. To be clear, I’m not suggesting it’s cheating or suggesting that Jim & David change what’s allowed. Rather, I raise it merely for philosophical fodder.

• I often wonder if players who use super moves would even know how to play these games with a traditional deck of cards. Not dissing anyone, just curious. When I played FreeCell, I often wondered if _I _could go back to a deck of cards, and I rarely use supermoves.

• Thanks for the info. I was starting to wonder if this game had become a proxy war for robot builders.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...