player rankings

Game: freecell
Game #: 625119533

i would like all players to be ranked after a certain number of games

Comments

• Excellent question, @barzonymous . To which I’ll add how? We don’t all play the same games (deals, that is), and the difficulty varies dramatically from game to game. Plus which games a person plays is not dependably random—some skip harder games (i.e., longer times or higher move counts; others skip easier games because they relish a challenge). So how in blazes would you propose to rank hundreds of players, each with a different data set?
    I realize similar conundrums are at play with lots of stats that some people pay much attention to, like batting averages in baseball. But hitters don’t have the luxury of swinging only at fastballs down the middle.

• All very good points, @DeusExMachina.

• Giving players a ranking would be very easy to do and would add an extra interest for each player. Obviously those players that struggle a bit at this game might not like to be ranked, so may be it could be an option for each player.

• Or players like me who don't give a damn?

• It is just a question. People should be able to ask questions. Especially people we dont hear from very often.

• Isn't that the purpose of the score window when you complete a game and then also the leader board?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...