Fewest Moves scoring

Game: freecell
Game #: 894428459

What would you like to see?

I just love your version of Freecell. I find it a really good way to simulate my brain. I like to be competitive and finish in the top1% most of the time. I take real pride in not only being fast but also in using the least number of moves. I would like to see a "Fewest Moves" score and maybe even a combined "Fastest and Fewest" score.

GregR

Comments

• Hi GregR. Fewest Moves scoring already exists. After you win, or after clicking on High Scores, click on Moves (it's in red) to sort by number of moves, lowest first. Click back on Time (now that's in red) to redo the sort by completion time.

• you have a choice on scores you can choose moves or time, as a player whom only play for fun, I choose moves if you compare the two of together , thou different scores and placement of players I myself use Moves option , makes my scores look better with each game, since am not all upstairs sometimes, I as mentioned only play for fun I don't try to compete with no one,

• Fewest moves scoring does exist, but not in a way that we who aren't interested in fastest times care about. The best way would be to have a leader board that is based on fewest moves - ideally with an option to display one or the other, so that the speedsters would also be happy and wouldn't be annoyed by the fewest moves leader board.......

• I would welcome it as well. I would like to prove that i am not just speedy and am capable of critical thought. Seems as though the two are viewed as mutually exclusive by most. And, of course, there are games like pyramid, golf and scorpion where the ""pitch count" is the same for almost all who achieve the same score. So a moves only leader board would have little impact there.

• You have nothing to prove @lasso. I'm just amazed at your consistency. I have a MacOS Mojave...computer is very fast but comes with a mouse which makes fast moves difficult if not impossible. What equipment do you use also,... what is "pitch count"?

• I call the number of moves i make per game my pitch count. lol. I have an hp envy laptop. I don't know all that much about computors, but a laptop with a touchscreen is pretty nice. I can out my feet up in the lazyboy.

• Put my feet up. lol

• Sounds like a lot of thought goes into your game playing. If you don't mind me asking...how do you arrive at the pitch count, do you first experiment with various solutions then chose what seems the best route?

Other people I've chatted with also have a touch screen, I think this is the way to go if speed is the goal. But first... I have to learn how to play multiple games as you do. Thanks for this.

• Honestly, i pretty much run down hill on all the games first time through. Go as fast as i can while trying to think ahead. I do this with for pyramid, yukon, canfield and addiction. Sometimes that works and sometimes not. If i don't have a high score i look at the final board and see what i need to clear more cards. Then i focus on a few small changes and see what happens. This is helpful for the klondikes and forty thieves. Now that i am trying to minimize the number of moves my biggest challenge is to not scroll through the pile so many times.

• You are opening up a whole new world for me...haven't tried pyramid, Yukon or addiction. Games I've most played are Seahaven, freecell (which I have no chance of winning), both types of Klondike, forty thieves and flower garden (which I'm quite lucky at).
    Something I've notice, if a game is clicked onto, the timing mechanism doesn't start until the first move...gives me a chance to study it before first move. Will try those other games with your technique of checking board to see what improvements are needed.
    Thank you very much for the generosity of sharing some of your techniques.

• I played klondike, seahaven and forty thieves in the beginning and added the other games one at a time. I also find that in the klondikes and forty thieves it is best NOT to put down a card even if there is an appropriate space for it. I am all for sharing,. Would enjoy some tips for addiction. Truly hunt and peck for me in that game.

• So now you know a little more who Arriba is, how does that make you feel when you see his/her name on the board? I get a nice feeling.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...