Tutiorial: Green Felt Free Cell

Green Felt Free Cell. The best massively multiplayer smartest man in the room contest on the internet.

Let's write a fan-art Tutorial that would belong to Green Felt as partial payment for giving us this awesome game. The math guys have found that free cell games can be solved in 20-50 moves. GF adds a trail running factor sometimes you take the wrong trail, and you lose. So there is a W-L score, a moves score, and a time score. I love this game.

I am a technical writer and intermediate player. I volunteer like to serve as secretary for Project: GF Tutorial. Which may well die aborning, but nothing ventured...

Vocabulary: I will need a lot of help. Some Vocabulary lists would be nice, and there are lots of more knowledgeable players than me.

Overview of the game gets written last, after the lessons are assembled, but we need a draft overview to start. Something about the nature of Green Felt, names for the automatic play features, Lesson heds for priorities, home cells, free cells, empty cells, use of number keys, and other stuff arranged by difficulty.

Think of Sklansky's Theory of Poker as a goal, and lets see how far we get. The skill out there is amazing, you guys aren't doing that voodo that you do so well by accident. So, what is this game? Why do you play it? What do you get out of it? And most importantly, how do you play Green Felt.

===

So I'll just sit here, waiting for somebody good to submit something about playing the game to start things off.. I've got a some ideas, but it would be pretentious [in the pretending to knowledge I don't have sense of the word] for me to put them out first. So here I am, just sitting here, waiting :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...